School code TTU
Major code 7420201
Bachelor’s Degree in Biotechnology.
Training period: 4 years / 130 credits.
Biotechnology is the application of biological knowledge, technological processes and equipment to create high-value commercial products on an industrial scale to improve product quality. Biotechnology is a spearhead industry in Industry 4.0 alongside Artificial Intelligence.
Biotechnology is a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary field, associated with many fields in production and life such as the selection and breeding of plants and animals with new characteristics, food processing, and preservation, production of biological products used in agriculture, pesticides, medical and pharmaceutical applications, disease diagnosis; environmental pollution, waste…
With the goal of training bachelors with the full mindset of an international scientist, the training program provides students with good research ability to most effectively apply the achievements in the fields of science and technology. in the fields of Agriculture, Biology – Medicine, Environment, Fisheries, and Food Technology to contribute to improving people’s quality of life.
The training program combines research with practice, investing in plant laboratories and molecular biology laboratories, and students of biotechnology are directly guided by lecturers during the research process. Practical research on tissues and cells. In addition, students can participate in reporting at domestic scientific conferences in both English and Vietnamese.
Reference “A day as a student of biotechnology”:
Faculty of Biotechnology faculty are domestic and foreign Ph.D. graduates with experience in research and work at major research institutes in Vietnam, Korea,… Lecturers of Biotechnology focus do scientific research, regularly publish research works in major journals, and also create conditions for students to participate in research work.
Upon graduation, a Bachelor of Biotechnology can become:
- Researcher for companies related to biology, agriculture, biomedicine or the environment.
- Managers in companies that research or sell products related to biology, agriculture, biomedicine, or the environment.
- Conduct personal business in agriculture, fisheries, health care, environment with self-researched products or from other sources.
- Study for a higher level so you can specialize in research or prepare for your own business.
- Teaching at universities and high schools in biology.
- Quality tester for biological products in the fields of food, environment, agriculture, health…
Internship – Opportunity to work at home and abroad
Biotechnology students with good self-study ability have been introduced to work and are currently working at domestic and foreign companies/groups (in terms of plant varieties & livestock; pharmaceuticals or foodstuffs). …).
The excellent Biotechnology students are facilitated to study and practice abroad. TTU biotechnology students have practiced and worked for 3 months at the Microbiology and Molecular Genetics laboratory of McGovern Medical School, USA.
Biotechnology students are introduced and supported by lecturers, PhDs who used to work in Korea to apply for Korean government scholarships. Introduced to work at domestic research institutes.
General scholarship policy for industries
Tuition fee per year of School of Economics and Business Administration (2 semesters):
- Standard program: 770,000 VND/credit.
Average: 25,000,000 VND/year.
- Talented Bachelor Program: 1,500,000 VND/credit.
Average: 40,000,000 VND/year.
Tuition fee is STABLE and does NOT INCREASE
Medical students who are children, doctors, medical officers, teachers across the country, or have a Long An household registration are entitled to a 30% discount on tuition fees for the whole course.
Preferential scholarship policy for the first academic year for new students 2023
Scholarship 100% first year
- Candidates who win “Good student” prizes at international, national or provincial levels are entitled to a 100% scholarship policy.
- Candidates who have passed the Biotechnology major have a total score of 03 subjects with over 20 points or more (no priority, regional points)
***Applicable to combinations:
- A02: Math, Physics, Biology
- B00: Math, Chemistry, Biology
- B03: Math, Biology, Literature
- B08: Math, English, Biology
75% scholarship for the first year: Candidates ranked BEST for three years of study 10, 11, 12
Scholarship 50% first year
- Candidates who have passed the Biotechnology major have a total score of 03 subjects with scores ranging from 18 points to 19.9 points (not counting priority points, regions) or ranked as GOOD, VERY GOOD for three years of study 12.
Register to apply for TTU now to receive a scholarship up to 100%.