School code TTU
Major code 7720101
Diploma of General Practitioner
Training period: 6 years / 213 credits
General Medicine at TTU is designed to create and develop generations of doctors and medical professionals who are knowledgeable and committed to an educational philosophy, standards, medical ethics, and practice-based practice. Creation of the United States and Global Health Sciences.
The training program ensures the basic curriculum framework as prescribed by the Ministry of Education and Training. Besides, this program is enhanced and expanded medical knowledge for students by referencing and teaching part of the program of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Illinois, Chicago, USA.
Bilingual English and Vietnamese curriculum. As a result, students have a foreign language ability to access international medical literature. In the future, when international cooperation programs are expanded, teaching will be done entirely in English.
Focusing on “Good in theory – Strong in practice”, the School of Medicine has invested in modern equipment for students to practice, including the Skill lab system, and clinical simulation model. Faculty of Medicine Tan Tao is the first school in Vietnam and one of the first schools in Southeast Asia to apply 3D technology – the Anatomage table system of the United States to teach, more vividly in learning anatomy.
Faculty leaders, Departmental leaders and teaching staff are leading professors, doctors from famous medical universities in the country and the world:
- GS. BS. Thach Nguyen, Founding Dean, is the first Vietnamese-American elected to the Executive Boards of the American Heart Association and the American Society of Interventional Cardiology; Cardiovascular Research Director of Methodist Hospital, Merrillville Indiana; Director of Cardiology at St Mary Medical Center, Hobart Indiana, USA.
Subjects are professors, PhDs, leading prestigious doctors in Vietnam such as:
- Prof.Dr. Le Hoang Ninh, Head of the Department of Public Health, cum Head of the Department of Family Medicine, and Former Director of the Institute of Public Health of Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh
- Prof.Dr. Le Van Cuong, Head of Anatomy Department, and Deputy Head of Surgery Department, Former Head of Anatomy Department, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh
- Prof. Le Quang Nghia, Head of the Surgery Department, Former Deputy Director of Binh Dan Hospital
- Assoc. Prof. TS.BS Nguyen Tuan Vinh – Deputy Head of the Foreign Affairs Department
- Assoc.Prof.Dr. Pham Nguyen Vinh- Head of Internal Medicine Department, Former Deputy Director of City Heart Institute. Ho Chi Minh, Medical Director of Tam Duc Heart Hospital
- Assoc. Prof.Dr. Tran Thi Hong, Head of the Department of Parasitology – Fungi, Former Head of the Department of Parasitology – Mycology, Pham Ngoc Thach University of Medicine
- Assoc. Prof.Dr. Vu Huy Tru, Head of Pediatrics Department, Former Deputy Head of Pediatrics Department, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh
- Dr. Specialist Lv2 Tran Thi Van Anh, Head of Pathology – Embryology Department, Former lecturer of Pathology Department, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh
- Prof. Vu Thi Kim Chi, Head of Obstetrics and Gynecology Department
- Dr. Specialist Lv1 Le Van Hung – Deputy Head of the Department of Infectious Diseases
- Dr. Specialist Lv2 Nguyen Thi Bich Lien – Deputy Head of Dermatology Department
Assoc.Prof. Dr. Ernest Talarico, Lecturer in Anatomy and Cell Biology, School of Medicine – Indiana University (Northwest), USA
Students practice from the first year at more than 20 leading hospitals and medical facilities in Long An and Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh. The limited number of students per group of 10 or more at the hospital also ensures effective learning through practice and learning from clinical teachers:
- Tan Tao Medical University Hospital
- Nguyen Tri Phuong Hospital
- Military Hospital 7A
- Ho Chi Minh City Odonto-Stomatology Hospital
- Trung Vuong Hospital
- Thong Nhat Hospital
- Popular hospital
- Hospital dermatology
- Ho Chi Minh City Heart Institute
- Institute of Ethnic Medicine and Pharmacy
- Nguyen Trai Hospital
- Mental hospital
- Polyclinic of Pham Ngoc Thach University of Medicine
- Pham Ngoc Thach Hospital
- Children’s Hospital 2
- Tan Phu District Medical Center
- Tan Phu District Hospital
- Ho Chi Minh City Ear, Nose and Throat Hospital
School of Medicine – Tan Tao University is committed to allowing students to come to the United States to practice at prestigious hospitals such as St Mary Medical Center (Indiana), University of Maryland Medical Center (Maryland), Hermann Memorial Hospital (Texas), Christ Hospital (Illinois). From 2016 to now, 10 groups of students have come to the United States to practice.
Resident Physicians in the United States
Tan Tao University is the only university in Vietnam that is teaching and preparing students for the national exams that any doctor who wants to practice in the United States must pass (United States Medical Licensing). Examination – USMLE), Steps 1 and 2.
The training program closely follows the US medical knowledge system to train international doctors with medical qualifications recognized in the US to confidently practice in many countries around the world. This is one of the special highlights of the general medical training program at Tan Tao University, attracting the attention of many students and doctors.
GS. Thach Nguyen – Dean of the Medical Faculty of Tan Tao University emphasized: “Depending on capacity and time arrangement, Tan Tao students are fully capable of completing the USMLE step 1 exam in the first 2 years. Year 3 – 4 students receive close clinical training, combined with internships in the US, Korea and Singapore… Their clinical knowledge base will therefore be guaranteed to follow the term. take step 2CK (clinical knowledge), step 2CS (clinical skills)”.
Research, Scientific Reports
Medical students can participate in research and scientific reports at domestic seminars and conferences (in Hanoi, Hue, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City) and at international conferences (Beijing, Busan, San Francisco). Francisco and San Diego):
- International Conference on Cardiology – Geriatric Cardiology of Thong Nhat Hospital
- National Congress of Cardiology
- Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics Asia Pacific (TCT-AP)
- The Great Wall International Congress of Cardiology (GW-ICC)
- The Joint Coronary Revascularization Conference
- European Society of Cardiology Asian Pacific Cardiovascular Research Technologies
- The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
- American College of Cardiology
- European Society of Cardiology
- Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics Conference (TCT)
- American Heart Association
After graduating from the Faculty of Medicine – Tan Tao University, qualified doctors work at:
- Hospitals and medical centers from local or national level.
- Participating in research and teaching at research institutes and medical research centers nationwide.
- Internships at local hospitals. In 2020, TTU has 4 graduate doctors and in 2021 3 doctors are granted scholarships and admitted to the Resident Doctor program of VinUniversity, 2 other doctors have passed the exam to enter the Resident Doctor program of Medical Pharmacy University Ho Chi Minh.
- Internships in hospitals in the United States when completing the requirements of the American Medical Board.
General scholarship policy for industries
Tuition fees per academic year (2 semesters):
- Medical: 150,000,000 VND
- Nursing: 40,000,000 VND
- Medical testing technique: 40,000,000 VND
Tuition fee is STABLE and does NOT INCREASE
Medical students who are children, children of Doctors, Health Officers, Teachers across the country or have a household registration receive a 30% tuition discount for the whole course
Preferential scholarship policy for the first academic year for new students 2023
Scholarship 100% first year
- Candidates who win “Good students” prizes at international, national, or provincial levels are entitled to a 100% scholarship policy.
- Candidates who are admitted to the Medical major have a total score of 03 subjects over 23 points or more (no priority, regional points)
- Candidates who are admitted to Nursing and Medical Laboratory Technology have a total score of 03 subjects over 20 points or more (not counting priority points, region)
***Applicable to combinations:
- 𝐀𝟎𝟐: Math, Physics, Biology
- 𝐁𝟎𝟎: Math, Chemistry, Biology
- 𝐁𝟎𝟑: Math, Biology, Literature
- 𝐃𝟎𝟖: Math, Biology, English
𝟕𝟓% scholarship for the first year: Candidates ranked BEST for three years of study 10,11,12.
Scholarship 50% first year
- Candidates who are admitted to Medicine major have a total score of 03 subjects with a score of 21 – 22.9 points (not counting priority points, region)
- Candidates who are admitted to the Nursing and Medical Laboratory Technology major have a total score of 03 subjects with scores ranging from 18 points to 19.9 points (not counting priority points, regions) or have good academic performance, good grades for three years of 10, 11, 12.
Register to apply for TTU now to receive a scholarship up to 100%.