School code TTU
Major code 7720301
Diploma of Bachelor of Nursing
Training period: 4 years / 133 credits
Nursing is a science of care, nurturing, exercise, health education for patients, and health for the community. Nursing is a profession that is independent of doctors, collaborating with doctors, pharmacists, technicians, and other components of the health system. Today, Nursing has developed into an essential public service that is needed by everyone and every family. TTU Nursing aims to create nurses with a solid English background ready to work at international hospitals.
Nursing introduction Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Mcs739q6o
Bilingual English and Vietnamese curriculum. As a result, students have foreign language ability to access international medical literature. In the future, when international cooperation programs are expanded, teaching will be done entirely in English.
Qualified and passionate teaching staff. TTU’s goal is to provide a dual American and Vietnamese diploma so that Nursing graduates can take and pass the NCLEX exam (also known as the National Council Licensing Exam).
Faculty leaders, Departmental leaders and teaching staff are leading professors, doctors from famous medical universities in the country and the world:
- GS. BS. Thach Nguyen, Founding Dean, is the first Vietnamese-American elected to the Executive Boards of the American Heart Association and the American Society of Interventional Cardiology; Cardiovascular Research Director of Methodist Hospital, Merrillville Indiana; Director of Cardiology at St Mary Medical Center, Hobart Indiana, USA.
Subjects are professors, PhDs, leading prestigious doctors in Vietnam such as:
- Prof.Dr. Le Hoang Ninh, Head of the Department of Public Health, cum Head of the Department of Family Medicine, and Former Director of the Institute of Public Health of Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh
- Prof.Dr. Le Van Cuong, Head of Anatomy Department, and Deputy Head of Surgery Department, Former Head of Anatomy Department, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh
- Prof. Le Quang Nghia, Head of the Surgery Department, Former Deputy Director of Binh Dan Hospital
- Assoc. Prof. TS.BS Nguyen Tuan Vinh – Deputy Head of the Foreign Affairs Department
- Assoc.Prof.Dr. Pham Nguyen Vinh- Head of Internal Medicine Department, Former Deputy Director of City Heart Institute. Ho Chi Minh, Medical Director of Tam Duc Heart Hospital
- Assoc. Prof.Dr. Tran Thi Hong, Head of the Department of Parasitology – Fungi, Former Head of the Department of Parasitology – Mycology, Pham Ngoc Thach University of Medicine
- Assoc. Prof.Dr. Vu Huy Tru, Head of Pediatrics Department, Former Deputy Head of Pediatrics Department, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh
- Dr. Specialist Lv2 Tran Thi Van Anh, Head of Pathology – Embryology Department, Former lecturer of Pathology Department, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh
- Prof. Vu Thi Kim Chi, Head of Obstetrics and Gynecology Department
- Dr. Specialist Lv1 Le Van Hung – Deputy Head of the Department of Infectious Diseases
- Dr. Specialist Lv2 Nguyen Thi Bich Lien – Deputy Head of Dermatology Department
Assoc.Prof. Dr. Ernest Talarico, Lecturer in Anatomy and Cell Biology, School of Medicine – Indiana University (Northwest), USA
Students practice from the first year at more than 20 leading hospitals and medical facilities in Long An and Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh. The limited number of students per group of 10 or more at the hospital also ensures effective learning through practice and learning from clinical teachers:
- Tan Tao Medical University Hospital
- Nguyen Tri Phuong Hospital
- Military Hospital 7A
- Ho Chi Minh City Odonto-Stomatology Hospital
- Trung Vuong Hospital
- Thong Nhat Hospital
- Popular hospital
- Hospital dermatology
- Ho Chi Minh City Heart Institute
- Institute of Ethnic Medicine and Pharmacy
- Nguyen Trai Hospital
- Mental hospital
- Polyclinic of Pham Ngoc Thach University of Medicine
- Pham Ngoc Thach Hospital
- Children’s Hospital 2
- Tan Phu District Medical Center
- Tan Phu District Hospital
- Ho Chi Minh City Ear, Nose and Throat Hospital
Like general medicine, nursing students are also allowed to practice directly at simulation centers and frontline hospitals in Ho Chi Minh City. In addition, students have many opportunities to participate in seminars, scientific research, and training courses to improve professional qualifications, foreign languages, and soft skills.
Output standards and career prospects
- Nursing students of Tan Tao University after graduation will have the opportunity to:
- Become a nurse, chief nurse at domestic and foreign medical facilities.
- Lecturer at nursing and health science training institutions.
- Being eligible to continue studying to graduate level such as majors at level I, level II, master, doctorate at domestic and foreign universities or associate programs licensed by the Ministry of Education and Training.
- Especially, when TTU Nursing students graduate with a foreign language level equivalent to 5.0 IELTS or higher, they have wide opportunities to live and work in countries with a need to provide high-quality nursing such as Japan, Federal Republic of Germany, USA…
General scholarship policy for industries
Tuition fees per academic year (2 semesters):
- Medical: 150,000,000 VND
- Nursing: 40,000,000 VND
- Medical testing technique: 40,000,000 VND
Tuition fee is STABLE and does NOT INCREASE
Medical students who are children, children of Doctors, Health Officers, Teachers across the country or have a household registration receive a 30% tuition discount for the whole course
Preferential scholarship policy for the first academic year for new students 2023
Scholarship 100% first year
- Candidates who win “Good students” prizes at international, national, or provincial levels are entitled to a 100% scholarship policy.
- Candidates who are admitted to the Medical major have a total score of 03 subjects over 23 points or more (no priority, regional points)
- Candidates who are admitted to Nursing and Medical Laboratory Technology have a total score of 03 subjects over 20 points or more (not counting priority points, region)
***Applicable to combinations:
- ???: Math, Physics, Biology
- ???: Math, Chemistry, Biology
- ???: Math, Biology, Literature
- ???: Math, Biology, English
??% scholarship for the first year: Candidates ranked BEST for three years of study 10,11,12.
Scholarship 50% first year
- Candidates who are admitted to Medicine major have a total score of 03 subjects with a score of 21 – 22.9 points (not counting priority points, region)
- Candidates who are admitted to the Nursing and Medical Laboratory Technology major have a total score of 03 subjects with scores ranging from 18 points to 19.9 points (not counting priority points, regions) or have good academic performance, good grades for three years of 10, 11, 12.
Register to apply for TTU now to receive a scholarship up to 100%.